It’s been a good year so far.
Time really flies. We are already on the first day of July. This year has been an exciting one for me. My good days have been more than bad days. The bad days were not so crazy. I haven’t ticked off my year’s resolutions but we are making strides.
Here’s what I have been up to;
Courage is born out of stillness. You have the power. It is in you through christ. It is in you to succeed. No one succeeds without overcoming opposition. Wipe your face,strengthen your back,hold up your head,and survive.T.D Jakes.
Business, Career & Studies:
I am not where I was was when the year began but I have taken time to learn, unlearn and relearn about some aspects in my career that will help steer me in the right direction. I am not where I want to be but as I hope to continue studying and progressing in my career.
Finance & Wealth:
I set up a financial plan for future growth . I have made some mistakes while at it but that is okay. I am still open to learning more about investing.
Health & Fitness:
This is one area where I have been struggling a lot. My health has not been so good this year, but I am glad that I am improving. While I have been in and out of the hospital, I have gained weight fast due to medication and also due to my poor eating habits. I got a wake-up call last week when I felt so dizzy and had to check into the hospital. I had been ignoring the symptoms. I now have taken initiative to take better care of myself.
Social & Friends:
I haven’t been socializing to my satisfaction. I have been staying indoors a lot. Preferring Netflix and chill over a cup of coffee at Java. However, the few friends I have have been so supportive. I am so blessed to have supportive friends.
I have the best family. When I count my blessings, I count my family twice. They are always so supportive and I’d like to believe that I am also supportive of them. While I try my best to support them, I make sure that my cup doesn’t run dry. I have since learned that for me to be a better friend, daughter or sibling, I have to take care of my needs and put myself first.
Do I feel loved? Yes. Do I love myself? Yes
Recreation & Fun
I dared to get out of my comfort zone and met new people, talked to strangers, faced my fear of heights, attended BAKE awards Met Gala, and joined a group of strangers for adventures.
I have plans set up to do more of this in the year. I must say that I am enjoying my life. Even while indoors, I still get to entertain and pamper myself. I am glad that I have reached that point in my life where I am comfortable with being alone and have fun while at it.
This is a never-ending journey for me as I am always striving to become a better version of myself. This involves finding myself, finding my way, finding the truth and choosing my struggles. I have had to ask myself difficult questions where often I don’t have the answer right away. So far I am satisfied with the direction I am taking. Trying out new experiences and seeking to learn. The latest new experience was to zip line. You can find the whole story here https://malikamarion.wordpress.com/2019/06/28/ziplining-adventure/
This is about appreciating, respecting and loving myself while thinking highly of my abilities. I have made great strides in respecting and loving myself. Being kind to myself, speaking life over my life, taking care of my skin, taking care of my mental health and surrounding myself with people that bring joy into my life.
Which area of my life do I primarily want to focus on to enhance my satisfaction levels?
I want to focus more on my health and fitness,finance and wealth ,Business career and studies and personal growth.
I am striving to grow my wheel of life and become a better human being for myself and the ones I love.
You can also try and answer these questions with the guide below that I extracted from a website ; launchyourlifeacademy.com .
Take your time doing this, I would recommend 15 minutes or so. Put yourself in a place with no distractions and reflect on your life as a whole.
- Business, Career & Studies: Is your career where you want it to be by now? Are you heading in the right direction?
- Finance & Wealth: Are you earning enough income to satisfy your current needs? Are you financial setup for future growth in wealth?
- Health & Fitness: How physically healthy are you? Are you satisfied with your level of fitness? Are you satisfied with your diet?
- Social & Friends: Are your friends supportive of you? Are you engaging friends and socializing to your satisfaction levels?
- Family: Is your family supportive of you? Are you supportive of your family?
- Love: Do you feel loved? How often are you expressing love to others?
- Recreation & Fun: Are you enjoying your life and making it fun? Are you satisfied with the level of activity that you do?
- Contribution: How would others rate your contribution to society or them as individuals?
- Personal Growth: How focused are you on personal growth? Are you satisfied with your direction? Are you trying new experiences and seeking to learn?
- Spiritual: How connected are you to the inner and outer world? Are you satisfied with your relationship with your spiritual being?
- Self-Image: Do you think of your abilities highly? Do you respect and love yourself? Do you appreciate yourself?
You can find my previous years mid year analysis here https://malikamarion.wordpress.com/2019/06/28/ziplining-adventure/
Sending you love and light.
Where are my biggest gaps in satisfaction levels?