I feel like I have come a long way. Growing up , I had my most exciting moments and also dump moments. Growth is a never ending process, learning and unlearning, Creating new agreements with myself and doing away with agreements that no longer fulfill me. I have come to love and appreciate the woman I have become and I am taking it a day at a time, trying to be a better person.
- Your situation right now is not permanent. Whatever you are going through right now will not last. It should not define you. You are not a failure just because you do not have a job or whatever you feel you lack. Take this time to work on yourself and build your brand. You will get that job at your time. Everything you wish for will be granted to you. Just be patient.
- Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you. Who are the five people you spend most of your time with? How do you feel after you’ve spend time with them? do you feel motivated or demotivated, energized ,how is your self esteem, how do they make you feel? Spend time with people who make you want to be the best version of yourself. Spend time with people who motivate or inspire you. Spend time with people who make you relax and feel good about yourself. Spend time with those who got your back.
- Take care of your body. Do not hurt your body. Always keep warm, know your status.When was the last time you tested for HIV? , STI’s?. Do a breast and cervical cancer screen, visit your gynecology, visit your dentist. Do a general body test if you don’t feel okay. Drink more water, stretch, walk. Always use a condom. Emergency pills are not to be used carelessly. Consult your gynae on the best family planning option for you. Take care of yourself while you’re young and spare yourself the trouble.
- Plan your finances accordingly. Save more and spend less. Ask yourself, where does your money go to? What are your spending habits. Differentiate between needs and wants. Have a financial plan. Wealth is not measured on our spending patterns. Want to know your net worth? Make a list of everything you own, make a list of everything you owe. Subtract assets from liabilities. That’s your net worth. I learnt this from a book called Smart Money woman by Arese Ugwu. I wish I came across this book early. But its never too late to start over.
- Take care of your mind. Read books, learn something new. travel and discover new things, new food, new friends. Always be ready to learn something new. Learning something new enables you to discover more about yourself, opens up your mind and helps you grow intellectually, physically and emotionally.
- You are enough. Yes I am enough. You do not need to try being someone else to be accepted. You are enough just as you are.
- Speak life into your life. Your words create your life, so be careful what you say to yourself. You attract what you think.
- The way people treat you is a reflection of them. Hurt people hurt people. You are not responsible for other peoples actions, you are responsible for how to choose to respond or react.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Comparison is the thief of joy. Everyone is working on their time. Everything will happen in its time,so be patient.
- You are going to lose friends a long the way and its okay. Their part in your life may be over. Appreciate the good times, take the lessons learnt and move on. As you grow, you will lose people along the way.
- Be comfortable being alone. Take time to be on your own, get to know yourself, spend time alone, meditate, read a book, watch a movie, travel alone, take a walk alone, sleep alone.
- Never stop dancing. Yea just don’t stop dancing.
- Take time to have fun. Live in the moment. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised. Today is all you got.
- It’s okay to ask questions. Don’t make assumptions. Seek clarifications.
- Its okay to fail/ to be rejected. Failing just means that you have another chance to better yourself. Get up, dust up, start over only this time with more experience. The author of Harry Porter, J.K Rowling was rejected 12 times before she got her big break. Right now she is the ninth-best-selling fiction author of all time (estimated 500 million copies sold). In some instances, failing is winning.
- Listen to your parents. Your parents always wish the best for you and their advice’s will go a long way to make you a better person, Help you avoid heart break and unnecessary anguish. Your parents are always on your side.
- Have deep conversations with people. Get to know people on a deeper level. Listen more. Get to know why your friends behave the way they do, what they think about saving, relationships, religion,career,books, finances and so on.
- Always follow your instincts. do not just brush away that bad feeling you have. Get to know if its your intuition telling you something or if its fear manifesting.
- Have a nice decent dress and shoes always ready incase of an interview.
- Everything is going to be okay. You are going to lose people, be heartbroken, feel rejected,feel alone. This will not last forever. You will be okay. You will be stronger and better, you will get more where you lost, your heart will heal. Eventually, everything will work out.
“In youth, it was a way I had,
To do my best to please.
And change, with every passing lad
To suit his theories.
But now I know the things I know
And do the things I do,
And if you do not like me so,
To hell, my love, with you.”
― Dorothy Parker,
What advice would you give to your younger self?
Sending positive vibes, love and more love♥♥♥♥